monikuddle

Saturday, April 22, 2006

so i went shopping today after my 2 oclock exam just to destress and ended up having an eye opening experience. Throughout many of the years of my life I have been trying to figure out what my dressing style is. However each time I would try to stick to one type of dress, my eye would wander over to something bright and flashy that I'd forget all about my focus. Shopping has always been one of my favorite pass times and I had become accustom to having my friends not comment when I would pick something out. My mom has always had eclectic taste and so she enjoyed my choices. As time has passed, Ive experienced many a mall trips with people who are alot more verbal with their opinions.. and so it has been brought to my attention that I love ugly things! I mean you would think that I would have known before that I did..considering I could just look in my closet and notice my bright orange shoes, grandmaish green sweater, striped rain jacket along with my fireish red/orange/yellow pants. But no..it took me until today, after my purchase of a new tank-top with sequince, buttons, ribbon and beads at the top and a floral pattern at the bottom. And yet it may sound ugly or look really tacky..i LOVE it and so i guess it really goes to show that beauty really is in the eye of the beholder .